WARRANTY INFORMATION: Temple Furniture and CONDO SOFA products
Temple Furniture and Condo Sofa products within our local delivery area (within 1 hour driving time of our physical store in Scarborough, Maine) are covered by a "Limited Lifetime Warranty," which extends to the original purchaser only, in residential settings not used for income (rentals). The term “Limited Lifetime” (called simply “lifetime” below) is valid as long as the originally applied cover is intact and not worn through, and no work (re-covering, repair or modification) has been performed on the furniture without the factory’s knowledge. While we can generally confirm original order information through our records, it helps greatly to have original purchase paperwork handy when making any warranty claim. Repairs may not be possible under warranty if we cannot locate the original purchase information.
“Lifetime Warranty" details:
- Frames are guaranteed against warp, breakdown or looseness for the lifetime of the frame as upholstered in its original cover (fabric or leather).
- Spring construction and all support of backs and seats, exclusive of cushions, is guaranteed against breaking or significant slippage for lifetime under normal stress.
- Seat cushions are lifetime warranted for a single replacement of the seat cushion cores. Frequent turning and fluffing will extend the life of all cushions and fabrics. In the rare incidence that seat cushion(s) need replacement, customers must supply original sales order paperwork. This warranty is valid only if the furniture has received normal usage and has not been subjected to abuse. Cushion warranty is for the loss of cushion resiliency and not normal flattening or softening of cushions. Softening and flattening of cushions occur with foam and fibers as a result of regular use and aging and should not be considered manufacturing defects. The customer is responsible for freight charges to ship replacement cushions, delivery and any labor costs associated with removing and replacing seat cushion cores. Customer may be required to pay a disposal fee for the replaced cores if we take them away.
- Fabrics are covered by a full ONE YEAR fabric warranty covering wear under normal use and with proper care. This warranty does not cover fading or pilling, which sometimes occurs with normal use of some fabrics and is not valid where there is evidence of heavy soiling. We reserve the right to replace the portion of fabric that is defective. All fabric claims, within warranty, will be submitted to the fabric mill for evaluation. We will warranty only if the mill states that there is an actual fabric defect. Fabric manufacturers will not honor warranties if evidence that a pet is exposed to the furniture, therefore voiding our fabric warranty. The fabric warranty is null and void if improperly cleaned. Care of the fabric is important. Cleaning by a professional furniture cleaning service only is recommended for all our fabrics. Proper care between cleanings includes frequent vacuuming or light brushing to remove dust and grime. It is imperative that the seat cushions used regularly be turned at least twice monthly to get maximum wear from both the fabric and the cushioning. Pets are abrasive to fabric and should not be allowed on your furniture. Please note that treatment of the fabric with stain protectors, or any aftermarket treatment voids this fabric warranty.
OTHER RELATED WARRANTIES: Temple Furniture and CONDO SOFA products
- Sleeper Mattress 5 Years
- Sleeper Mattress (Air Dream Ultra and Memory Foam) 3 Years
- Sleeper Mechanism 5 Years
- Glider and Swivel Mechanism 2 Years
All warranty action must be pursued through our store, serving as your authorized dealer.
When a problem occurs, we reserve the right to determine if repairs should be made locally, or if the piece must be returned to the factory for correction.
We reserve the right to have our sales representative make a preliminary inspection at the dealer's store or the customer's home to determine that a problem exists before a return is authorized.
We will absorb the cost of returning the furniture to the factory. The furniture will be returned to the customer FREIGHT COLLECT after the repairs are made. Customers are responsible for the cost of transportation from the customer’s home to the store for shipment to the factory for repairs and re-delivery of the repaired furniture to the customer’s home.
We are not liable for freight charges to ship replacement parts.
Our warranty is valid only if the furniture has received normal usage and has not been subject to abuse.
Options for outside service area repairs:
- Transport the furniture to our store for repairs, and take it back within 72 hours of completing repairs to avoid handling and storage fees. If a repair cannot be completed where the furniture is, and the item needs to be brought back to the store for repairs, that transportation back to the store is not covered under warranty. (Because we are a very small business with no extra storage space, we cannot store furniture orders once received, nor can we store furniture that has been repaired. Our policy is to keep all used furniture separate from new, so once repairs are completed, furniture must be picked up within 72 hours of notification by phone and/or email. Alternatively, delivery may be arranged, but we charge for re-delivery. Contact store for additional information and delivery rates. Storage and handling fees will apply after 72 hours from notification that repairs are completed.)
- Pay our local delivery team to come get the furniture to bring it back to our store for repairs. We will make every effort to arrange a timely pickup if our vehicles are in the vicinity, but cannot guarantee a free return to our store. Similarly, upon completing the repairs, if we have a vehicle headed in your area, we will do all we can to reduce or eliminate any expense to you. We want you to be pleased with our service and our products.
- Work with us to resolve the issue using parts we obtain for you and a local furniture repair technician. We absolutely want to help you get the most out of your furniture, but in many cases, your help is required to locate local professionals, obtain estimates, decide which is best, and cover all expenses not covered under warranty, including packing and shipping furniture to be repaired at the manufacturer, if that should be necessary. Because we often can’t determine the full extent of repairs required without being on site, and because you may not be sufficiently qualified or willing to diagnose what is needed without a furniture technician’s help, we will do all we can to assist, but cannot be solely responsible for finding the right resources and managing the proper course of action. Our role would be supportive, but your schedule and execution of research and follow through would be vital to an acceptable outcome.