Local Delivery:Note: Customers are solely and fully responsible for all measurements and making sure merchandise will fit into its intended destination. Inability to complete delivery due to doorways, halls, or other obstacles may result in a failed delivery, at which point any delivery fees may not be refunded or credited.
Endicott Home Furnishings will deliver from our physical store location in Scarborough, Maine to destinations from Boston to the Bar Harbor area of coastal Maine. Rates for delivery are based on actual driving time from our store using Google maps driving times and your exact delivery location.
Other factors such as multiple flights of stairs, long carries, ferries, special packing for Casco Bay Lines ferry freight drop off, etc. will add a bit to our delivery costs, which remain unchanged since April 2006.
When we may deliver using one person to a location over an hour from Scarborough, it may make sense for us to send a driver and have the customer provide the necessary additional people for the delivery on the receiving end. In such cases, we apply the rate for a single delivery person to drive and assist with delivery. We will not, however, allow customers to provide assistance with any of our sleepers or extra long/heavy items.
Examples of a few actual delivery charges in the local area (actual delivery charges based on your address may vary from these figures below):
- South Portland $55
- Cape Elizabeth $55
- North Yarmouth $70
- Topsham/Brunswick $80
- Hills Beach/Granite Point $85
- Ogunquit $90
- Rockport $275
- Deer Isle $325
- Southport $275
- Newburyport, MA (one man delivery) $82
Home Delivery Services for areas outside our local delivery area:
To avoid possible damage in transit, we require all consumers requesting delivery direct from the factory to pay for special packing in heavy duty cartons at the factory. Cost to have special packing in heavy duty cartons: Chair/$70 loveseat or sofa/$120 each.
Delivery service is usually paid by cash to the delivery team; in cases where that is not possible or desirable we can pay the delivery team on your behalf, though they and we prefer the consumer to pay the team upon delivery.
We can ship our zero flame retardant furniture to anywhere in the lower 48 states except California. The rate for home delivery depends on having your complete delivery address and a clear knowledge beforehand of:
- any narrow openings that may challenge the delivery crew's efforts
- number of stairs furniture must be carried for delivery to its final destination
- long walkways, or other carrying situations (around the back of the house, up an outside staircase, etc.)
- how past deliveries may have been done to accommodate larger articles (the delivery crew may or may not be willing to put something in through a window)
- bridge, ferry, tolls or other additional costs
- restricted travel routes (i.e. no commercial vehicles allowed on the parkways around NYC)
Not advising us in advance of factors that adversely impact the cost of a home delivery may result in the refusal by the delivery team to perform the delivery as contracted, and the return freight to the factory will become the responsibility of the consumer.
Some recent examples of Home Delivery service charges, excluding cartons:
- Brooklyn, NY via FedEx in 4 days from the factory for a two piece sectional cost $550
- Two piece sectional to Lakeville, CT $259
- Boston sectional $330