Help us build our ECO showroom
Endicott Home Furnishings is planning to create a low impact, smaller scale home for use as a testing and demonstration facility. For this project, we will be looking for many types of advanced and recycled building materials, ranging from Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) to plumbing and electrical services, landscaping, solar technology, architectural and site planning, to name just a few needs.
Ours will be the first and only low- to zero-maintenance, high efficiency compact lifestyle showroom and living space of its kind. Available for occasional rental, it will have lakefront access, total privacy on 3 acres of wooded land, and the opportunity to try living in a super efficient space nearly off-grid. Renters will have some work to do: every piece of furniture or other article designed by us will have a feedback mechanism so that users may critique, suggest changes and improvements, and otherwise put to real use our never-ending stream of furniture ideas, not all of which may make it into wider production and distribution.
As we develop our plan for 2014 construction, we will offer opportunities for barter of goods and services for our own merchandise. The areas of need will be listed on this page. All barter arrangements will be executed with a contract and follow all applicable tax and commerce laws, and will be conducted at 100% retail value (i.e. actual cash value of used windows will be traded for actual retail value of our furniture, etc.)
- Green building consulting services
- Site preparation (including grading, ditching, and gentle handling of moss-covered boulders)
- Septic site planning
- Well drilling
- Concrete foundation, floors and walls
- Porous driveway mesh
- Patio work
- Zero maintenance perennial gardening
- Timber framing
- Structural Insulated Panels
- Metal roofing, exterior wall cladding
- Electrical wiring
- Finish carpentry
- Windows - super efficient, low or zero maintenance
- Doors - super efficient, low or zero maintenance
- High efficiency on-demand water heating systems to tie in to radiant heat, and other systems
- Recycled building materials (more details to come as our designs mature)
- Compact and marine appliances
- Hardware and fixtures
- Cleaning services
- Firewood cutting and splitting
If you or your business may have services or products to offer, please do ask whether we might work out a barter.
Thanks for your consideration!